Tuesday, October 15, 2013

THM Update

We've been doing Trim Healthy Mama for about 4 weeks now.  So far we are loving it.  We are eating yummy food, feeling satisfied with our food choices, definitely not starving ourselves, AND I'm losing weight! I am down 15 pounds since cutting sugar.  About 5 of those have come off after starting THM. The inches have been falling off too.  2 inches off my navel, 2 inches off my hips, and 1 off my thigh just in the last 3 weeks!  Sunday I was over joyed and a little shocked when I tried on my pre-pregnancy jeans.  They were one of my first goals in my weight loss and they FIT!  My Lucky Brand, Levis, and 9 West from after losing Oliver's baby weight fit me again and I'm thrilled!  I still have about another 15 pounds to lose to be back to Julianne's pre-pregnancy weight.  I have given myself until her 1st birthday as a goal to lose her baby weight and I think I'm on my way there!

I am feeling much better.  Life is busy and things can get crazy around here with an infant and a 2 year old, but overall we're doing well.  It feels good to eat good, healthy food and to know that I'm doing something great for myself and my family.

Some of my favorite foods this week have been-- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Shake, Rooibos Tea (I drink mine hot w/ a cinnamon stick in it), and Bulletproof coffee-- I make mine w/ coffee, 1/2 a scoop of Swanson's Whey Protein Powder, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and organic heavy cream.  Add some pumpkin pie spice for some fall flavor, or make w/ flavored coffee and you'll love it!  These drinks and shakes have been so yummy and filling!  The PB Shake feels way too decadent to be healthy and on plan.  It totally feels like I'm cheating!

So far this journey has been totally worth it and has kinda become a hobby.  My Healthy Life Pinterest board has new followers everyday and is one of my favorite things to browse when I'm nursing Julianne.  Who knew eating would become a hobby that could make me lose weight!?  :)

xoxo,
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment