Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Starting Fresh

I've been contemplating starting a new blog for awhile now.  I had a lot of people ask me if I was going to change the name of my old blog when I had another baby.  Really that has less to do with it than the fact that I wanted a fresh start.  A new look, new title, etc.  I'm really hoping to keep up with this blog better than I have with my first one.

The title Dear Birdies came to me tonight in the car coming home from enjoying some free frozen yogurt at Menchie's (in honor of National Frozen Yogurt Day!)  I was talking with Kurt throwing around some ideas and this was popped in my head and I knew it was right.  I have really hunkered down making this house a home for us.  We spend so much of our time here.  I really want it to be a place for laughter, joy, love, happiness, learning, mistake making, growing, etc, etc, etc.  There is just SO much that happens in the home.  It's our nest.  Our safe place.  I want it it be a place where my husband feels comfortable and at peace with his family and a place where our children know they belong.  This nest is a blessing and my little birdies are my biggest blessing on earth.  They are only here with me for a short time before they will fly away and I want to cherish and enjoy each passing moment.

So there you have it.  My mother bird, sappy, yet heartfelt explanation of what I've been thinking about as we await our daughters arrival.  I'm so ready to meet her.  We're so ready to bring her into this nest we've prepared for her; and to begin life as a family of four!


The song is "Oh My Mama" by Alela Diane.  My sister introduced me to the song while I was pregnant with Oliver and I loved it.  It has stuck with me and now I'm getting that daughter the song talks about.

Thanks for reading!  Follow me and I will try to post more often this time around!  :)


xoxo,
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment